Saturday 10 January 2015

Reclaimed

Book Review: Reclaimed

Title: Reclaimed
Author: Sarah Guillory
Genre: YA, Mystery, Contemporary
Published: October 15th 2013
Page count: 296 pages
Format: paperback

Summary (Goodreads):
Jenna Oliver doesn’t have time to get involved with one boy, let alone two.
All Jenna wants is to escape her evaporating small town and her alcoholic mother. She's determined she'll go to college and find a life that is wholly hers—one that isn't tainted by her family's past. But when the McAlister twins move to town and Jenna gets involved with both of them, she learns the life she planned may not be the one she gets.

Ian McAlister doesn't want to start over; he wants to remember.
Ian can’t recall a single thing from the last three months—and he seems to be losing more memories every day. His family knows the truth, but no one will tell him what really happened before he lost his memory. When he meets Jenna, Ian believes that he can be normal again because she makes not remembering something he can handle.

The secret Ian can’t remember is the one Luke McAlister can’t forget.
Luke has always lived in the shadow of his twin brother until Jenna stumbles into his life. She sees past who he’s supposed to be, and her kiss brings back the spark that life stole. Even though Luke feels like his brother deserves her more, Luke can’t resist Jenna—which is the trigger that makes Ian's memory return.

Jenna, Ian, & Luke are about to learn there are only so many secrets you can keep before the truth comes to reclaim you.

O.M.G.... I'm lost for words.. or I have to many words...
I really don't know how to describe this beautiful, loving, amazing book! But I try my best.
But before that- I would like to give my thanks to a special friend of mine for recommended me the book! <3 :D.
I loved the book SO MUCH!
I won't give away the main twist, but trust me this unique, stunning, breath-taking book is remarkable because when you THINK you've guessed it, you can’t be more wrong. You can’t help but guessing from start to finish but
in this book is one you will never see coming. I was so blown away by how Sarah pulled this off!
Jenna Oliver was definitely a wonderful person! I really adore her a lot! All she wants is to survive the summer and her senior year in High School. Jenna is healing from the loss of her grandpa and trying to hold together her alcoholic mother. She is a hard working person and I respect her for it!
Jenna is strong, smart and beautiful and love running at night.
Then she meets the McAllister twins Ian and Luke her world get turned around.

Ian is sweet, gentle and thoughtful. He plays football, makes good grades. Jenna like being with him and it doesn’t bother her that Ian can’t remember his past there just something about him that draws Jenna in.
Luke is dangerous and the
best example of bad boy and Jenna can't resist him because he let her be her true self with no excuses.
After spending so much of her life being good, it is hard for her to resist the charm and mystery.
Jenna constantly reminds herself that she needs to stay away from Luke and trust me she tries, she really does.
Torn between the two of them and all the lies and secrets it's only matter of time before the truth comes out. 
Sarah Guillory want an incredible author she is and the fact that Reclaimed is her first debut is JUST mind-blowing!  Her writing style is incredible and perfect!
The way she describes the town, the emotions, the relationships in Reclaimed- unbelievable. And she did it all without giving anything away! How cool is that! :D
I got addicted and find myself unstoppable to stop I just needed to know what was going to happened and ended up reading this book really fast. In the end I was so unprepared for what was going on I was like "Holy crap!! - WAIT WHAT?!.. - NO WAY! What the heck just happened?" I was really surprised.  
Reclaimed was one of the best debuts I have ever read. I was completely amazed by the book it had everything!  I loved every single second of it! I cannot wait to see what Sarah Guillory will come up with next - SO excited! I definitely read anything she writes. Reclaimed is a must-read so stop whatever you are doing and grab this book - it's worth it!
5/5 Stars <3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment